Here is the evolution of the latest design from Frony Ritter Designs.
1. I was wandering the earth seeking chocolate. I found this metal egg filled with a chocolate in a candy store a few years ago. I was so enchanted by the design on the outside I bought it and even forgot about the chocolate in it for several years. When I opened it there was a powdery, white ball inside that was once delicious chocolate.
2. In the meantime I daydreamed about the egg and it morphed into a totally different design in my head. During a boring lecture I sketched it. I realize it looks nothing like the original. This is what imagination can do to memory. It is also the phenomenon behind “fish stories.”
3. I then stitched it using lots of pinks and blues.
4. I liked it enough to put it on the computer and changed it several times.
5. Since for many Easter is about the resurrection of Christ, I stretched out the flower so it could also be seen as a cross. What you see is all in how you want to look at it. (True of life too.)
6. Snack break.
7. I had been seeing a lot of cool sunsets lately, and wanted to steal some of those colors for this design. So I used Riviera coral Aida from Wichelt and peaches and corals for floss.
8. I also wanted to stitch it on perforated paper. I used the same colors but the background made it look totally different.
9. I used the last two stitched pieces for the chart, one version totally stitched and one using stitching and beads.
So here is the new egg with last year’s eggs, ready to decorate a springtime tree.